[PHOTO HUNT] Taman Harmoni (Taman Sakura) Keputih, Surabaya

It's been so long since the last time I properly played with a camera and do what you call the proper photography. It was around mid of 2013, I guess? So basically in the middle of my sophomore year in high school.

I could still remember how I was so infatuated towards photography because my older brother taught me about it, utilizing Canon EOS 550D (which is my first camera!). I learned the very basic of photography, which basically consists of ISO, aperture, and shutter speed. I quickly got the hang of it and started trying things out myself from white balance, metering, lighting, basically everything. I was ultra productive on my (now in a hiatus state) deviant-Art page, but the hustle-bustle of the senior year and final exam made me quickly (temporarily) drop photography altogether as a hobby.

A year of being unproductive made me forget just how fun it was to play around with a camera. But this 4th semester in university, I was lucky to be able to take Photography course. Due to its assignments, I get to take photos again just like the good old days.

For the midterm exam, the lecturer wanted us to hunt for photos at Taman Harmoni (some call it Taman Sakura) in Keputih, Surabaya, Indonesia. We ought to both take great photo and capture the big idea, which is "finding beauty in the ordinary", using the basic of photography and techniques that the lecturer has taught us.

Here are some shots I was able to take. The timing was at golden hour, which was around 4 to 5 P.M.














Taken with Canon EOS 550D with Tamron 80-210mm lens.

If you have any feedback, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment