Color Scheme: Wine Red

I've always been infatuated by the hues that fall into the darker spectrum of colors. One of them including wine red. I can't help but be smitten by its both calming-yet-stormy aura it gives off. Whenever I'm in this particular color, I always feel like I'm eliciting some kind of mysterious, untouchable vibe.

I love it.

I've been wearing wine red as a color that describes my mood that day, whether I wear it on my body or on my face. Most of the time, I wear it whenever I want to avoid socializing with people, or to piss people off in general. Today is one of those days. I even went full-throttle and decided to wear it both on my body and my face.

Photo spot: Yello Hotel Jemursari, Surabaya

  • Crop Long-sleeved Turtleneck: H&M
  • Flannel/Checkered Shirt: Polo Ralph Lauren
  • Ripped Boyfriend Jeans: Pull & Bear
  • Ankle Boots: River Island
  • Sling Bag: H&M

The top I'm wearing above happens to be the very first piece of wine red clothing I own. It all started when I went for a short trip to the capital city of Indonesia, Jakarta. As eager as I was, I rushed to H&M store at Grand Indonesia Mall the moment I stepped my foot on the city. Browsing through the store in desperate need of new tops, I found this Cropped Turtleneck with gorgeous color. I was sold, immediately.

Now let's talk about the makeup.

Pardon me for the ridiculous slash awkward pose.

  • Eyebrows: The Body Shop Brow & Liner Kit in #3 - Brown & Black
  • Eyeliner: Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in Jet Black
  • Primer: The Body Shop Instablur Primer
  • BB Cream: The Body Shop Tea Tree BB Cream in #3
  • Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in #07 - Mohair
  • Bronzer: Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzer in Golden Soleil Hale
  • Lip: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen

See how my lips looking so bomb in the pictures above? I. Love. It. But it's a long, tough way I've gone through. To be able to achieve the highest degree of perfection true wine red color, I applied three layers of it. Be sure to only reapply (to darken the color) if the layer of the lip cream you just applied be completely mattified or dried. And voila, instant vampire look.

And that's it. My tip for utilizing the beauty of wine red is to be chill with it. Best not to be too overkill with this color; because I've seen someone who did, and oh boy, did it look terrible.

If you have any suggestions on what color scheme should I do next, I'm always ready to receive some! Be sure to contact me or just leave a comment below *virtual wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment